Happy National Mom + Pop Business Owners Day!
I know it's been a minute since I last had time to blog, but today is a day worth taking that time. It's National Mom + Pop Business Owners Day! Why should you care?
- Our businesses are just awesome!
- Our economy couldn't run without them!
- Small businesses create local jobs!
- Our businesses are just awesome!!!
- We are known for SUPERIOR customer service! It's not just a job to us-these businesses are our babies!
- We support the community-whether it's donating to a local sports team or holding a fundraiser in our businesses, we support our community year round!
- Did I mention that our businesses are just awesome?
- We build relationships-you're not just a customer ID to us!
Days like today make us stop and think about all of the hard work, long hours + time away from our families...is it all worth it? For me it is. I want to build something that my kids and future grandkids will be proud of and hopefully run one day. So, I work every weekend, almost every hour that I'm awake. I literally run on Dunkin' (and hopefully soon the new coffee shop coming up the street). I'm the purchaser, merchandiser, marketing contact, window cleaner, cashier, website developer, AR/AP, janitor, social media marketer + shipper. I still drive my Dodge Journey + stress about bills...but, I LOVE my job and I LOVE our LDB family! I love the feeling of pride I have every single time I walk through the door and the extra few moments that I stand and admire my store in the dark when I close. Did I mention that small businesses are awesome?
Here's how you can support your local small businesses:
- Buy a gift card
- Write a great review
- Like AND follow them on social media
- Share their businesses on social media
- Talk about them! Worth of mouth is the best advertising ever!
- Become one of their favorite customers!